Careers At Inner Door Center
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Inner Door Center® in Royal Oak, Michigan, is looking for a creative and passionate Mental Health Counselor, specializing in eating disorder treatment to treat patients in the Reconnect with Food® comprehensive treatment program (partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient program for eating disorders) along with outpatient therapy clinic (we are an OPC) for a variety of psychological concerns, including eating disorders and substance abuse. Join our growing practice with top-notch practitioners in a great space and nurturing environment.
Master’s or higher degree in social work, psychology or counseling from an accredited college or university and must meet licensing requirements acceptable by the state board to practice at the highest level of independent practice in Michigan.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Must possess current state license
• Must possess current CPR certification
• A minimum of one year post-licensure experience preferred
• Must possess professional liability coverage at a minimum level of $1,000,000 per episode and $3,000,000 aggregate
• Must adhere to all HIPAA regulations
• Provide quality assessments and written documentation in accordance with Joint Commission and clinic licensing standards
• Provide quality individual, group and family therapy according to training, specialties, and effectively manage time during sessions
• Facilitate productive therapy sessions and provide growth promoting experiences to patients
• Define meaningful and measurable treatment goals for patients and ensure treatment follows goals outlined in the treatment plan
• Complete all discharge forms with the patient and ensure that aftercare appointments are made prior to discharge
• Function as a member of a treatment team when determining course of action for patient care in comprehensive treatment programs
• In addition to the above listed job elements and duties, other duties may be assigned or assumed when within the scope of the staff member’s skill, expertise, licensure or certification
• Crisis management and therapeutic intervention
• Eating Disorders, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders along with addictions.
• Effective oral and computer skills
• Team Player - ability to communicate with other members of treatment team openly, strong interpersonal skills
• Time management, crisis management and organizational skills
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume and application.
© 2014 Inner Door Center